As an introduction to my readers here, I’m copying over my final post from my old site at funschoolingadventures.wordpress.com. For everyone who was following my other blog, you’ll receive notifications from this site now, so don’t be surprised when you see a new name in your inbox — you can still open and read the messages :).
Quick note to everyone following this blog — I’ve moved over to a new website: https://realworldlearners.com. I’ve imported my list of followers from this blog, so you should continue receiving notifications of new posts over there.
A few reasons for my move:
- I wanted my website to be more organized :). I set up the new site with pages for Math, Reading & Writing, and My bookshelf (an annotated list of books I recommend related to improving education). I will be adding pages for Science, Arts and Crafts, History, and excerpts of a book I’m writing — these pages will have links to all the posts I write on these topics so that they don’t disappear into the long list of blog posts.
- I want to change my focus a little bit and make my website not just a blog about our family’s learning adventures but a source of recommended resources, inspiration, and digital products (free and paid) to help all students rediscover the joy of learning.
- In line with this new direction, I will create and include more free printable pages in my posts. While I can’t individually teach or tutor on a large scale, I hope that the resources I share can foster happy math times in homes around the world :).
- I want to help change the culture of Math Anxiety that our educational system produces. Learning is an integral and wonderful part of human experience and shouldn’t be used against students as a fear-inducing mechanism for promoting a one-size-fits-all, efficiency-based, tied-to-a-timeline agenda. We are all born with an unquenchable thirst for learning and understanding the world around us and how we relate to it — I want to foster that desire to ask questions and find answers in my own children and all students.
- My blog (on the new website) will continue to be a record of my thoughts, research, and experience along these lines, and my website will be a homebase for resources I create along the way.
- A self-hosted website just feels better than a “.wordpress.com” free blog as I continue forward. 🙂
- Note: I’m leaving this blog (funschoolingadventures.wordpress.com) as it is. I decided not to import it into the new website because I didn’t know if all the redirects would work, including all my pinterest pins that linked to this site — or if I would end up with slower page loading times from the redirects and a host of broken links since every internal link would have a new url. So instead I moved every post over by hand and changed every link individually. Not sure that was the best life choice … but it’s done and ready for you! 🙂 I may write occasional posts about lessons I’ve learned about blogging and running a small business from home … stay tuned!
Thank you all for following along! Feel free to take a look around — it’s been a work in progress for a few weeks over here :).
And, if you haven’t yet, please subscribe to join the email list and stay up-to-date with new ideas, resources, stories, free printables, and newly released products. I’d love to stay in touch with you!
Math Resources for Teachers, Tutors, and Parents
If you’d like to visit my store to see my library of learning resources focused on math for Pre-K through Geometry, you can check it out here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Sandra-Balisky